07 awesome experiences when traveling to Hoi An
1. Ride the river: After walking around the small streets in the Old Quarter, you will find yourself stepping out of the river. You will find blazing restaurants, lanterns hanging alongside ancient houses along the river and small boats. Having dinner or drinking a glass of water, and watching the riverside, amidst the bustle of the night market. You will see a colorful neighborhood with full of Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese and colonial architecture in Hoi An.
2. Visiting the rice fields and learning about local life: You can find a lot of cycling or walking tours to local people. You may have the opportunity to help them take care of rice fields and livestock. This is an opportunity to learn about the daily life of indigenous people.
Visiting the rice fields in Hoian, photo: Vov
3. Watch the lanterns at the ancient town: Hoi An ancient town displays a lot of handmade lanterns hanging along the way, creating a beautiful scene for a night walk. Buy some for souvenirs, and create your own Hoi An at home.
Watching the lanterns in Hoian ancient town
4. Join the Cooking Class: You will learn how to cook traditional Vietnamese dishes such as pancakes, salad rolls, dipping sauce. Crowther took a class at a cooking school for young people who could teach themselves, giving them opportunities for future jobs. They can also teach foreigners a few Vietnamese words during the course of cooking.
5. Take a boat trip: Take a leisurely cruise along the river. Handcrafted basket-boats look insecure, but locals can handle very well. You will be taken to nearby villages, enjoy food, learn about the work and daily life of local people.
Funny boat trip in Hoi An
6. Apparel: Hoi An is famous for its nice and affordable clothing stores. The suit can only take 48 hours to complete and the fabric you choose.
Hoi An became known for good tailored clothing, photo: City Pass Guide
7. Cuisine: Enjoy dishes like rolls, noodles, and pancakes.
Hanoi Head Office: 8th Floor,No 77 Nguyen Thai Hoc street, Dien Bien quarter, Ba Dinh district, Ha Noi city, Viet Nam | Phone: +84 24 3926 3449 | Fax: + 84 24 3926 3450
Hanoi Office:39D Dinh Tien Hoang str., HaNoi | Phone: +84 24 3926 3370 | F: (84-24) 3926 3367
Hue Office:33 Vo Thi Sau str., Hue City | Phone: (84- 234) 393 44 55 | F: F: (84-234) 393 44 57
Saigon Office:4th Floor, Room 403. No 14B, Ky Dong Street, Ward 9, District 3, HCMC. | Phone:(84-28) 3930 2959