10 Awesome places to visit in Ho Chi Minh city
Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) has many beautiful places to visit, a lot of delicious foods and friendly people… This is always a destination and transit for domestic and foreign tourists. You can travel to Ho Chi Minh city at any time of the year because the city has only two rainy and dry seasons instead of 04 seasons (spring, summer, autumn, and winter) like Hanoi. In addition, the sunny season in Saigon is not too harsh, the rain does not prolong so it will not affect your trip.
These are 10 awesome places which are famous attractions in Ho Chi Minh city:
1) Cu Chi Tunnels: The best way to understand the resounding history of Vietnam in the War is through a tour to Cu Chi Tunnels. With a total length of 250 km of tunnels, they are considered the underground community of the Vietnam guerrilla fighters who held out through the whole war, very close to Saigon.
2) War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City:
This is the most authentic space of the war fierce that the Vietnamese people have experienced. Artifacts such as airplanes, cannons, tanks, guillotines and two tiger cotes were built as the same size of the cotes in Con Dao island.
War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City
3) Independence Palace (Reunification Palace): Independence Palace, or Reunification Palace, is thought as a special symbol of the victory, peace, and territorial integrity of Vietnam. This palace has stayed in the mind not only the locals but also the foreigners from generations to generations.
4) Notre Dame Cathedral: visiting the Notre Dame Cathedral is one of the top things to do in Ho Chi Minh City that you should not ignore. This is the most popular landmark and the core Cathedral of the city. The Cathedral still becomes an alluring place to visit whatever religion you are now.
5) Jade Emperor Pagoda: In his recent visit to Vietnam, the U.S President Obama was scheduled to drop by Jade Emperor Pagoda (Ngọc Hoàng pagoda) for the purpose of paying tribute to and admiring the traditional cultural expressions of Vietnam. Built in the early 20th century for the Chinese community, the pagoda still serves as a place of worship for both Taoism and Buddhism.
Jade Emperor Pagoda (chùa Ngọc Hoàng) in Ho Chi Minh City
6) Central Post Office: Built between 1886 and 1891, the post office may be known as the biggest and busiest one around Vietnam in general and Saigon in particular.
Saigon Central Post Office – an awesome place to visit
7) Bitexco Financial Tower: Bitexco tower is truly a typical building of prominent design and innovation for tourists who love enjoying breathtaking views from above. Setting foot here, guests are able to go shopping, enjoy drinking and watching the panoramic view of Saigon.
8) Pham Ngu Lao Neighborhood: Pham Ngu Lao is sometimes known as the “backpacker area” or the “budget-travel district”. Slightly similar to the famous Khao San Road in Bangkok, lots of the budget travelers mostly spend their time in this area. Many visitors prefer to enjoy local street food or people-watching while enjoying the incredibly cheap ‘bia hoi’ draught beer on the roadside.
Pham Ngu Lao is sometimes known as the “backpacker area” or the “budget-travel district”
9) Ben Thanh Market: As a bustling market in both the daytime and nighttime, Ben Thanh Market is a great attraction in Saigon for bargain-hunters, whether you are looking for clothes, souvenirs or local food- there is something for everybody here.
10) Museum of Ho Chi Minh City: Museum of Ho Chi Minh City or Revolutionary Museum is seen as a historic destination that you should not miss through your trip to Saigon. The building was designed by a French architect and it was built in 1885 – 1890. This 100-year-old building was the residence of the Governor of Cochinchina, and then became the office of the Imperial Delegate of the King’s special envoy.
Hanoi Head Office: 8th Floor,No 77 Nguyen Thai Hoc street, Dien Bien quarter, Ba Dinh district, Ha Noi city, Viet Nam | Phone: +84 24 3926 3449 | Fax: + 84 24 3926 3450
Hanoi Office:39D Dinh Tien Hoang str., HaNoi | Phone: +84 24 3926 3370 | F: (84-24) 3926 3367
Hue Office:33 Vo Thi Sau str., Hue City | Phone: (84- 234) 393 44 55 | F: F: (84-234) 393 44 57
Saigon Office:4th Floor, Room 403. No 14B, Ky Dong Street, Ward 9, District 3, HCMC. | Phone:(84-28) 3930 2959