21 Attractions in Mekong Delta (P1)
1) Tien river: Visitors can go on a boat to visit the canyons along the Tien River in Tien Giang or visit the coconut candy factory where the village developed along the river.
2) Tra Su mangrove forest, An Giang: Tra Su mangrove forest is located about 30 km from Chau Doc city, considered as the most typical and unique natural habitat conservation zone of the wetland ecosystem in the Mekong Delta. Melaleuca forests are most beautiful in floating season (from September to November). The greens are covered with a blue carpet on the “road surface”, on either side of the palm tree. Sometimes, oars, birds, and fish disturb the peace of a green forest.
3) Bung Binh Thien lake, An Giang: about 30km from Chau Doc, Bung Binh Thien is a natural lake, located in An Phu district, An Giang province, close to the Cambodia border. Visitors who come here will have a chance to feel a sense of peace and tranquility because of the blue space of the river and the sky.
Bung Binh Thien lake in An Giang is an attraction in Mekong Delta
4) Tà Pạ field in Tri Ton district, An Giang province: Looking from above, Ta Pa is like a deep green carpet because of hundreds of rice fields and scattered leaves of the tall palm trees. This makes Tà Pạ field becomes an attraction when visitors come to Mekong Delta.
5) Tan Lap Floating Village, Long An: Tan Lap Floating Village, also known as Tan Lap Melaleuca Forest, belongs to Moc Hoa District, Long An Province, about 100 km from Ho Chi Minh City. If you come here, you will have a feeling like being lost in a fairyland with the sunshine through the trees, murmuring leaves and singing birds… You should go to Tan Lap from October to November to be able to see the lotus blooming and smell the scent of this pure flower.
Tan Lap Floating Village – the most attraction in Mekong Delta
6) Truc Lam Phuong Nam pagoda in Can Tho: One of the famous landmarks of Can Tho City is Truc Lam Phuong Nam is considered one of the largest pagoda in the South West with its area up to 4 hectares.
7) Go Thap Monuments in Dong Thap: Go Thap Monuments with five typical relics are Thap Muoi, Co Tu, Grave and temples of Doc Binh Kieu, Master mound, Ba Chua Temple. Don’t forget to pass by Kien An Cung Pagoda of Huynh Thuy Le’s family which is related to the French novel “L’amant” (“The Lover”) by Marguerite Duras.
8) Besides, you can explore the ecotourism sites in Dong Thap such as Xeo Quyt – an attractive historical and ecological site; the strange garden in Thap Muoi; Sa Dec floral village is full of aroma and color; fruit orchards like Cao Lanh mango, Chau Thanh mango, Phong Hoa pomelo and Lai Vung mandarin.
Sa Dec flower villages in Mekong Delta
9) Tram Chim National Park, Dong Thap province: Every year, when the water is over, Tram Chim displays new color and natural beauty. Rather than welcome the dawn like the majority of people, you can start exploring in the afternoon to enjoy the wonderful scenery. In addition, the floating season is also where the lotus fields are in bloom all over the place and you should travel by boat to feel the beauty of this place.
10) Ben Tre: Ben Tre’s highlights are 04 islands: Long (Dragon) Island, Lân (Unicorn) Island, Quy (Turtle) Island, Phụng (Phoenix) Island. It makes a big difference to explore by canoeing on the canals instead of traveling along the roads.
Phụng (Phoenix) Island in Ben Tre
Hanoi Head Office: 8th Floor,No 77 Nguyen Thai Hoc street, Dien Bien quarter, Ba Dinh district, Ha Noi city, Viet Nam | Phone: +84 24 3926 3449 | Fax: + 84 24 3926 3450
Hanoi Office:39D Dinh Tien Hoang str., HaNoi | Phone: +84 24 3926 3370 | F: (84-24) 3926 3367
Hue Office:33 Vo Thi Sau str., Hue City | Phone: (84- 234) 393 44 55 | F: F: (84-234) 393 44 57
Saigon Office:4th Floor, Room 403. No 14B, Ky Dong Street, Ward 9, District 3, HCMC. | Phone:(84-28) 3930 2959