We went to Sapa for the trekking experience and to explore more about the traditional and local ethnic groups that are so unique in this region.
Get a local guide
– Having a local person to show us around made our experience even better. We did our Trekking Tour with A Travel Mate and it was totally worth it. May was our guide. She was amazing and spoke English so well. She was part of the Hmong ethnic group and her knowledge from the area and the people was priceless. Being part of the Trekking tour we got so much more that we can’t find in travel books:
To make the most of your trip to Sapa
– get a local guide who can teach you about the local culture and ethnic groups. We did it with A Travel Mate and it was excellent.
– ask to do the longer treks – the longer the hike the more opportunities you will have to interact with the locals and see more off the beaten tracks
– bring good hiking shoes
– stay in a homestay and enjoy some time with the local ethnic family.
– try the local food which is amazing in every corner.
We recommend going to Sapa and doing the Trekking Tour with A Travel Mate. Excellent!
Hanoi Head Office: 8th Floor,No 77 Nguyen Thai Hoc street, Dien Bien quarter, Ba Dinh district, Ha Noi city, Viet Nam | Phone: +84 24 3926 3449 | Fax: + 84 24 3926 3450
Hanoi Office:39D Dinh Tien Hoang str., HaNoi | Phone: +84 24 3926 3370 | F: (84-24) 3926 3367
Hue Office:33 Vo Thi Sau str., Hue City | Phone: (84- 234) 393 44 55 | F: F: (84-234) 393 44 57
Saigon Office:4th Floor, Room 403. No 14B, Ky Dong Street, Ward 9, District 3, HCMC. | Phone:(84-28) 3930 2959